Thoughts from a Deer Stand
Well I'm sitting here in the 80° weather in a pop up blind waiting to see if something worth cleaning in this heat will emerge from the woods. I'm really of the mind today that I don't care if they come or not it is just relaxing to be in the woods at all. I haven't been all year so this is a pleasure in itself. I have been hunting all my life and just don't get to enjoy it nearly as much as I would like due to work now a days. But this article is gonna be kinda long and just a rambling mess of what is going on in my head while I am waiting to see if something will come out.
This whole St. Louis Rams thing going on today is very interesting. Fans are so mad that they are moving to Los Angeles but have they stepped back and thought that it may be the fans fault that they are leaving. If the support and attendance would have been there the thought of moving would not have been. So while your burning jerseys and everything else think about how many games you attended this season and see if you blame them for leaving.
I don't know about anyone else but I am ready for March. It is the best month of the year by far for sports for me. NCAA March Madness is the highlight of sports throughout the year. When the time comes we will make a Sports Bar Gaming bracket league through ESPN so we can all go head to head.
There is a deer near by I head the sound of a limb break on the leaves.
I wrote the Nintendo Switch article early this morning and didn't really express my thoughts on the console so I think this is a good place for that. It is a great idea I think. The portable part and the power that it is packing is great. My concern comes from the game line up that it will have. With it being a portable console I am worried that the quality of game is going to suffer because of that fact. I know there are great games that come out in handheld form but that is not what they are selling here. This is the home console that you can take on the go and I just don't think that is going to hold up to be true. I hope I am wrong though.
I can not wait til my son gets just a little bit older and I can bring him out here with me. Hunting with my dad is some of the best memories I have from my childhood. I believe that it is something that needs to be past on to kids. It reaches a respect for animals and nature that you can't get any other way. When you kill that animal it is for the purpose of feeding you. Of course we all want to kill that monster buck but you have to establish that no matter what it is food as well. I don't believe in trophy hunting. It is wrong on so many levels to harvest a animal only for it's horns and not eat it. That is what I make sure my son knows.
I could write for hours sitting here. I think this is long enough. Let me know what you think about this and the Dad of SBG article and wether or not I should write more of them.


Comments
Post a Comment