The Dad of SBG
I have decided this is going to be a weekly sub blog that I do for the blog. It's not gonna be our typical gaming or sports article it is gonna be a piece about being a dad and a sports loving game loving guy. I feel like a lot of our viewers fit this category and it is a interesting subject. I would love some feedback about what everyone thinks about this type of article.
To start with I am a father who works a full time job and runs this company with my buddies. I come home from work help with the kids and then they go to bed. Then I spend time with my wife and then I get to game and catch up on sports and news from the day. Then after all that I sink in to write for you all. It is a tough routine but one that I love and need. I feel like as a father you have to find the balance in your life of family time and you time. Without that you get sucked into a space that is hard to escape from. You will begin to dislike your family for changing you and not allowing you to do the things you once enjoyed. The sad realization is your not that man anymore your completely different. Your a man who puts his needs and wants behind him and focuses on the family he has made and make sure they are taken care of and if your lucky at the end of the day there is time for you to sit down at that Xbox crack open a cold lager and relax if only for a hour.
I have not always had this balance. I have put the Xbox first and the things that I wanted to do first and it causes disconnect. You lose touch with your kids and the woman you love. I know this article has taken a very serious turn but it is what is on my mind. Dad's out there that may be struggling with the balance of your wants and your family's needs understand you can do it. You can be the bro and play on your Overwatch team and kill a sixer of Boston Lager while doing it but be the dad before that and the husband before that a things will always work out.
I'm sorry this one turned into kind of a long winded preaching session but it is heart felt and true. They will not all be this way I promise but for the first one I think this is good.

Comments
Post a Comment