Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder-Post Game Rundown

Talk about a heated game as emotions were at a all time high for lastnights big time showdown with the Warriors and Thunder. You could tell OKC is still the bitter girlfriend that got stood up for the prom for the other "hot chick" when Kevin Durant choosed to leave them for the Warriors. KD had zero mercy on his old team racking up a huge performance with 40 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 blocks. That huge performance obviously shows he makes the Warriors a better team, they went on to romp OKC 121-100.

I like to watch physical sports in general whether it be football, MMA, hockey, basketball, etc. I like a little contact in my sports. We may not always think of basketball as a contact sport, but with lastnights performances from both teams they proved that basketball is a very physical sport. I know there's going to be the occasional outrageously rediculous flop, but those guys lastnight may of well been playing rugby, shows how bitter this rivalry has gotten.

I believe Zaza Pachulia forgot he was playing basketball and thought he was in a WWE wrestling match, he blatantly smashed into Russel Westbrook right before half time, then proceeded to do the whole stare down "I dare you to get back up, you punk" move. Clearly was intentional, I say we need more physical play like this, it makes for some great basketball keeping the tensions high. Russ was able to respond in the 3rd quarter with a NASTY NASTY dunk after that, going right past KD's block attempt.

Poor OKC, unless they get some super star talent to help out Westbrook, I can't see him carrying the team to a NBA Finals by himself. It's very hard to do when there's these ridiculously stacked teams like the Warriors and Cavs for example. Just think about this for a second though, the Thunder will atleast have Westbrook I think until 2018 or 2019 with his current contract, Cleveland Cavs need to throw this man a bone so he can have a chance to flip the script on Durant a few times before they call it quits. That match-up would make for some rediculous storylines.

Just maybe he can do the unthinkable and take his team to the Finals. I wonder how many more triple doubles he would need to do for that to happen? Because I know Russel is going to be reading this (sarcasm). We all see you Russ, keep balling out man.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefront 2 Pay to Play/ Death of Triple A Games

Redskins Refuse to Wear the Color Rush Jersey Tonight

The SEC Struggles this Bowl Season