Russian Officials Admit to Doping Operation during Olympics
Russia is back at again, they seem to always be making headlines these days. Today news broke that Russian officials admit that they were involved in a huge doping operation during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. It's been suspected for some time that these athletes have been using performance enhancing drugs in past Olympic Games to get a upper hand on the competition and we finally have the evidence to back it.
Can't say I'm suprised by any of this and neither should anybody else unless you've been living under a rock. Russia knows they cheated, the world knows they cheated. I would feel a lot better knowing I won a medal because of all the hard work I put in naturally, not by using PEDs or steroids. In this years 2016 Summer Olympics the entire Russian team was almost disqualified for the same thing and a lot of Russian athletes were not allowed to compete in Rio.
I have no idea what this means for the country getting to compete in future games the next competition will be the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. It really sucks for Russian athletes that have haven't been doping an have been training their whole life for a chance to compete and win a medal for their country. After today's news this very well could lead to Russia being banned for the next games. It's something to keep a eye on.
Also in 2018, Russia will be hosting the World Cup the biggest sporting event in the world. I highly doubt FIFA would strip them from being host at this point. Who knows what punishment is to come for them I'm assuming it will be very harsh.
By the way, I was convinced after the Rocky movie Russia were cheaters.
Can't say I'm suprised by any of this and neither should anybody else unless you've been living under a rock. Russia knows they cheated, the world knows they cheated. I would feel a lot better knowing I won a medal because of all the hard work I put in naturally, not by using PEDs or steroids. In this years 2016 Summer Olympics the entire Russian team was almost disqualified for the same thing and a lot of Russian athletes were not allowed to compete in Rio.
I have no idea what this means for the country getting to compete in future games the next competition will be the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. It really sucks for Russian athletes that have haven't been doping an have been training their whole life for a chance to compete and win a medal for their country. After today's news this very well could lead to Russia being banned for the next games. It's something to keep a eye on.
Also in 2018, Russia will be hosting the World Cup the biggest sporting event in the world. I highly doubt FIFA would strip them from being host at this point. Who knows what punishment is to come for them I'm assuming it will be very harsh.
By the way, I was convinced after the Rocky movie Russia were cheaters.
Comments
Post a Comment