NFL Playoff Preview after Week 16

First off, I hope everybody had a awesome Christmas/Hanukkah and enjoyed their holiday football with friends and family! Week 16 is in the books football fans and we've only got one more week left in the regular season and the AFC has been decided and if your team didn't get in there's always next year. But we've still got a tight race going on in the NFC.

In the NFC Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks, and Giants have clinched a spot in this years playoffs. To decide the rest of the NFC it's going to come down between the Packers, Lions, Redskins, and Buccaneers. Like I said in last weeks blog the Packers are hot right now I expect them to clinch a playoff spot with ease. Detroit is behind the the Packers by one game in the NFC North and are in a must win scenerio. As for the the Redskins and and Buccaneers they should keep their fingers crossed and hope the Packers and Lions trip up in the final week.

Alright now to the AFC. This is a very competitive division and has been in past seasons. No big surprise seeing the Pats, Steelers, and Chiefs here. Tip of the hat to the Raiders, Texans, and Dolphins, all of which are playing with different QB's now. I was high on the Raiders giving New England a challenge for the AFC title but I'm worried about their offensive chemistry without Derek Carr. I still think the Chiefs or Steelers could be the teams to upset Brady and the Patriots but beating the Pats in the post season is no easy feat.

Here's a look at the standings between both divisions.

NFC

#1 seed-Dallas Cowboys (13-2) *clinched

#2 seed-Atlanta Falcons (10-5) *clinched

#3 seed-Seattle Seahawks (9-5-1) *clinched

#4 seed-Green Bay Packers (9-6)

#5 seed-New York Giants (10-5) *clinched

#6 seed-Detroit Lions (9-6)

Still in the Hunt

#7 seed-Washington Redskins (8-6-1)

#8 seed-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-7)

AFC

#1 seed-New England Patriots (13-2) *clinched

#2 seed-Oakland Raiders (12-3) *clinched

#3 seed-Pittsburgh Steelers (10-5) *clinched

#4 seed-Houston Texans (9-6) *clinched

#5 seed-Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) *clinched

#6 seed-Miami Dolphins (10-5) *clinched

Comments