Dad of SBG/ Waiting for Deer


  Whats up, back again with the Dad of SBG blog post.  This got a lot of love from you guys last week so I am coming at it again. This week we are gonna talk about my weekend with my son.  

  We took a trip to my grandparents this weekend to go hunting and have some time away from our normal everyday life.  It is about a 4 hour trip from our house to theirs.  I grew up at my grandparents hunting, and fishing so it is my place of peace.  

  This weekend was the first time my son has gone down there with us and actually been old enough to enjoy the open outdoors that we have available there. He loved it. We started every morning by getting up and going to put out corn for the deer.  He would ride with me on the ranger and we would go into the woods and put out the corn at the food plots.  He thought he was the coolest kid in the world.  One afternoon after we had put corn out he wanted to try to see a deer.  This made my day.  It was the first time I got to take my boy hunting. 

  Well we loaded up and went out to our large greenfield.  We have a large shooting house set up on the side of the field about middle ways up.  It is high enough off of the ground that you can see the entire field from it.  So me and my son ride the ranger out to the shooting house.  I did not bring a gun because of his age I don't want to shoot by him.  When we pull up and get off the ranger he is yelling "Here deer!" as loud as he can.  I turned to him and told him that we had to be quite or they wouldn't come.  So he goes into his whisper mode.  He puts his finger over his mouth and follows me up the stairs to the shooting house.  We take a seat inside and he spots the antlers on the floor.  I show him how to use them and he begins to try to call a deer to the field.  And that is about as long as it lasted after that began the "Daddy lets go back" and "Whats Mama doing?" .  So needless to say we did not see a deer but I did take my boy hunting for the first time. 

  This weekend was great for me.  I got to share my passion for the outdoors with my son for the first time.  I got to see the excitement on his face when he helped me put out corn and the anxious look he had as we waited to see a deer.  These are the moments that I believe kids are missing now.  They either don't get the chance to do it or their parents don't want to do things with them.  Those few minutes will be memories that me and him share forever.  I guess the message for today is this.  If your a father out there take the time to do something with your kid.  Take them to a ball game or out in the woods, it doesn't matter just take the time to be with them.  I promise it will do both you and your child a lot of good. 

  That's all I have for this week.  Everyone have a good night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefront 2 Pay to Play/ Death of Triple A Games

Redskins Refuse to Wear the Color Rush Jersey Tonight

The SEC Struggles this Bowl Season